BlaZe Creator is a simple 2d platforming game creation software that can be used many ways to make the game of your dreams without programming knowledge - BlaZe is a copyright 2009 of Matt Cameron and Chris Kimmel

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

First Version(Info only)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Matt
Co-Owner
Co-Owner
Matt

PostSubject: First Version(Info only)   Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:45 pm

the First Version of BlaZe SHOULD be out near christmas.
it won't be 'the best' version but it will be able to make games with ;)

Current things as at 14 December 8:48p.m (NZ time (GMT +12))

BlaZe Creator
Things Done:
Backgrounds (for the map background)
Tiles (a 32x32 image that can show above the character, block characters and show on other tiles (all options)
Game Settings (Has settings for the game being made)
Music / Sounds
Effects
Environment(shows behind tiles and characters but above the background)
Statistics
Areas of Equipment
Have built in music to add to your game
Things left:

Variables
Items
Maps
Scripting and Global Scripts (like for Intro and weapon damage ect)
Teams (just got to do saving and loading)
Characters
Maps

BlaZe (The engine)
Will finish BlaZe Creator before doing more

Screenshots
Coming Soon...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.aliencreationstudios.net23.net
Chris
Co-Owner
Co-Owner
Chris

PostSubject: Re: First Version(Info only)   Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:17 pm

-Updated
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://blazecreator.co.nr
Daniel
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PostSubject: Re: First Version(Info only)   Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:57 am

I have a question...Will the engine support scripting? As in, will it be extensible? I don't have much scripting/programming experience, but I do know that scripting is quite easy to learn (I found Python much easier than C++).

For example, what if I wanted to say, add a rocket launcher, but there was no way to make an explosion effect? Would I be able to code this in myself, albeit under a license that says I can't re release as my own, or would I have to ask you guys, and hope that it got added in quick-ish-ly?

Or, could I make a script for ingame events?

For example, I defeat all the enemies. I make a script saying that a boss monster (Let's say, a Apache attack helicopter, like Metal Slug) will be spawned, and when it's defeated, a treasure chest and stuff...

I'm really just saying, just how customizable will it be? Will it be like 001 or FPSCreator, where every game plays at the same pace and looks almost the same, unless with 001 you use super-heavy dynamic lighting? I don't want to create different versions of Cupid with different themes...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Matt
Co-Owner
Co-Owner
Matt

PostSubject: Re: First Version(Info only)   Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:07 am

Scripting languages should be easier then programming lanuages to learn (there is a difference)

I haven't really used FPS creator but BlaZe is currently more like 001ish. The only way to sript in BlaZe (well, the only way you will be able to ) is by using a graphical editor sort of like 001 but different. The graphical editor will export stuff along the lines of VB.Net and in the engine it will compile and run the script so having a text version would be a security risk as someone could script it to harm the computer or something.

When / if BlaZe gets programmed in C++ in the future, there may be suport for using scripting languages, I think it would be possiable to do so with VB.Net but I currently do not know any scripting languages.

If something that would be very useful has been missed out (such as play sound or something) you can suggest / tell it to me (maybe I will make a feature request kind of forum part. The first version is taking a while because it has alot of things to be added and all the 'bases'. Once the first version is out adding stuff should not take too long so if anything useful is missed depending on what it is it could be added pretty fast.

Does this answer your question?
Back to top Go down
Matt
Co-Owner
Co-Owner
Matt

PostSubject: Re: First Version(Info only)   Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:25 am

The first version won't have too many 'cool' features because it is mainly just getting the 'bases' made so things can be added easily and so forth.

I do plan to get atleast basic HUD editing in version 1.0.2 but hopefully it would be full HUD editing. Maybe dual weilding and stuff too. Meaning after version 1, the other version will get cool things. perhaps vehicles some day too Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Version(Info only)   

Back to top Go down

First Version(Info only)
Page 1 of 1